Tuesday, April 12, 2011

New Affirmation & Committment

 4/11/2011
I decided I needed a bit more accountability so this morning I decided to get this blog going and I'm going to do my very best to update it every morning!

Here is a bit of an update and some information about me.

I am one of those girls who grew up never having to worry about her weight. I was the girl who everyone would come up to and ask "How can you eat all that and not gain any weight?".  And I was pretty confident or even arrogant you might say.  It was not until I hit my late 30's that I began to slightly question things. There were no big signs right off the bat. Smaller things like "Hmm, Express must have changed the size dimensions of their jeans".  In other words, it wasn't me! Or so I told myself. Over the course of the next few years things in my personal life changed, and some of that change caused a lot of stress in my personal life. I was never a stress eater or emotional eater but rather the opposite. I would starve myself. I don't think I did it to punish myself, it was more the fact that I couldn't eat when something big was going on in my life (good or bad).  So then it hit me, my weight wasn't just determined by the food I ate or the exercise I was NOT getting. It was affected by my mind, my emotions, my stress! It was light a giant light bulb came on!  Over the course of the next few years I then noticed I played ping pong with weight. I went from 115 lbs to the final straw where I knew I had to do something..155!  At 155 I would diet (a little) but wasn't really committed. At 155 was where my back was absolutely killing me even to stand. I am only 5'0 tall so that weight was way too much for my back. I would take off the 5-7 lbs needed to be rid of the back pain and thought I was good.  I must have done this so many times over a period of 5 years.  If I had an event coming up, I would tell myself.. "it's a week.. I can lose it in a week!" But I never did and instead found myself staying home or going and being completely miserable looking around the room and knowing just a few short years ago I would have looked "HAWT" in that dress I saw someone wearing!.    December of 2010 was the final straw, where I found my full commitment and I had had enough. I had spent 5 years just thinking I was getting older and accepting this was the way it was going to be. My husband, my children, my entire family kept reminding me that just 5 short years ago I was skinny as hell! I thought that was cruel until I started watching the Biggest Loser. There were a LOT of women older than me that aimed for a weight meant for someone in their 20's and reached it, and then some!  So then it hit me.. i don't have to accept this weight! Yes it's going to be a journey for sure, it is going to be harder for me now, particularly since I've never really followed a diet in my entire life. I just didn't realize what a journey this was going to be and what I was going to find along the way!.

This was back in January when I wrote that and never posted it. I did indeed make a firm committment to do this and began Jenny Craig on January 5th of this year, I began at my weight of 155 and to-date I now weigh 135.   To many this doesn't sound overweight, but again remember that I am only 5'0 feet short and a healthy weigh for someone my size and height (I turned 44 yesterday) is between 110-120.  

I hope if you are still reading you will follow my blog and if nothing else, get a good laugh. I'm a very funny person and find laughter really can be the best medicine and comfort. 

Later on I will post what the new commitment and motivation will be, along with some setbacks that prompted this renewed energy and commitment.
Yes...

I'm bringing SEXY BACK!

No comments:

Post a Comment