Thursday, April 28, 2011

No sleep

The last few days have been a bit hectic and I have not slept much at all. But the good news is that it's kept the NES under control.  Sleep is the sacrifice I suppose. I have indeed kept up with all my goals heading into the latter part of this week. I have hit the Gym Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Today is my day off of gym, however it's also the night I am going to give Zumba another try.  Back a few weeks ago I tried it and was not really crazy about it. I thought the instructor would be more "teaching" of the basic moves but instead, I was left having to figure out my own moves relying on just watching and making an idiot of myself! I found out that you can get beginners classes so that is what I'm doing tonight. I was able to get my oldest daughter to join me so it should be some-what fun.

Yesterday was the official day of the warm weather, or "first day for shorts" as I am referring to it. Last summer I didn't wear shorts much, but I did manage to find some of my summer clothes from 2 summers ago and I couldn't believe how loose the were, I had to opt for a pair that had drawstrings so I could tighten them! When I looked at the tag before I put them on, I noticed the were a "Large" so it was quite nice to see how loose they were!  I can't wait to be able to buy some cute cut-off jean shorts! In fact goal is only about 2 months away so I'm thinking I better hit the tanning booth in preparation, sounds like a good reward for myself for a job well done for this week. I will go ahead and do that this weekend!

Hubby went away for the night on Tuesday night and came home yesterday with a big ol box of donuts he grabbed for the ride home. I promptly waited for him to get into the shower and then took them and put them on the front seat of his truck! I mean really now.. Donuts? He said he wasn't thinking, apologized but then wanted to know where I put them. LOL! No, he had to wait until he went to work this morning to which he texted me "Ah...you didn't throw them away!" No, I'm not that bad yet! I have not even given his and my younger daughter's Easter basket a second thought actually, which is a little odd seeing that I LOVE chocolate. What woman doesn't like chocolate? I did recently read how dark chocolate can be somewhat of a good thing in moderation. Moderation? Now that's a word I'm still going to need time to adjust to. So far I am NOT ready to indulge in those things because I'm not quite at the point where "moderation" would come to mind in regards to chocolate.  DEATH by Chocolate is more like it!


Speaking of chocolate, I took some non fat, low calorie vanilla ice-cream and Jenny Craig chocolate cakes and made myself a nice little sundae last night before bed! I warmed the chocolate cakes just a tad bit, added the low calorie, low fat vanilla bean ice-cream and it was surprisingly VERY good. If I had some strawberries that would have been the bomb!

Happy Thursday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment