Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I love Wednesday's!



I  just love Wednesday's but not because it's "Hump" Day. When you own your own business Wednesday's and Friday's don't have the appeal they used to. I love Wednesday's because it's my most motivating day. Tuesday Nights brings me "The Biggest Loser" which leads to motivating me even more for Wednesday. Now I know it's not possible to lose the way they do, or as quick as they do, nor do I have nearly the weight they have to lose, but the show is still inspiring for many reasons. One of the biggest motivators is that I tell myself: "My goodness, if they can do it, it should be a BREEZE for me"  I mean think about it. Last night's show marked 16 weeks. Some of them have lost between 60-100+ lbs, and while they were in 300's or 400's that is still a significant amount of weight. Prior to the biggest loser those contestants were just like you and me. On the couch eating and telling ourselves "Tomorrow, tomorrow, I will get to it".  Tomorrow never came. So you have these very obese people who probably have never ran 5 min on a treadmill and now doing 5 K runs after 16 weeks! To me that's life-changing. And also, it's not just the weight loss or the physical exercising they do, but watching their minds grow, their motivation grow! That is the most inspiring. The more they lose, the more motivated they are, the more self-confidence they have and the easier their new lifestyle gets! I've heard many people criticize the show making it seem like they were misleading those of us sitting home on the couch because we couldn't possible do what they are doing while we have jobs, families and LIFE in the way. I say BULL to that. Just look at the past contestants, they went home and they KEPT the weight loss off and they kept up their physical and mind changing behaviors. So, what I am not on some ranch focusing only on weight loss and exercising 10 hours a day. If I just devoted 25% of the energy (body and mind) they do, I can be just as successful.   I joke with my husband that if I don't reach my goal by June, I'm going to purposely gain 100 lbs to get on this show come hell or high water.. LOL (he knows I am serious)

When Brent took Kaylee to that stadium in New Zeland that was pretty motivating. Anytime these contestants do activities where they are not in a gym, and instead they are given challenges using things you and I could find anywhere, is inspiring. Kaylee and Brent ran up and down the stadium steps and got just a good a work out as using a stair master and maybe even more! Now I might have to go up and down my stairs here at home a few more times, but you get the idea! If there is no time for the gym, then sprint or walk up and down the stairs, instead of bringing up a basket of folded laundry once, go up and down with individual pieces of laundry! Instead of fighting over that close parking spot at Walmart, park all the way in the back and walk! You will get extra steps, burn more calories and NO one is going to run a cart into your car! Walk the mall, up and down as long as you want! Do two or three passes through, and then go on with your shopping! I just don't think we can use the excuse that there is no time! I'm going to buy a jump rope and just keep it right here next to my desk and spend maybe 5 min each time I get up from my desk, just jumping rope. I used to enjoy rope jumping when I was a kid. Of course that was long before computers, iphone's and Ipod's. I wonder if there's an app for that?



Day 2 of the kitchen lock out was GOOD. Before going to bed last night I was craving chocolate (might be that TOM coming) and I caught myself opening the baking cabinet and low and behold there was a container of Betty Crocker Dark Chocolate ICING! 160 calories for 2 tbsp's UGH.  I did not open it, and instead I tossed it in trash and took trash outside. I opted instead for a cup of sugar free hot cocoa and allowed myself to have a tbsp of Lite cool whip :) Satisfied my craving for chocolate and I didn't have to feel guilty. Later on in the middle of the night I did catch myself thinking of the icing and even going out to get it.. that's pretty sick huh? But I'm not beating myself up because obviously I didn't make the treck out to the garbage and it passed, I went back to sleep and that was that. This has certainly been wierd for me because when I am waking up these last two nights, I am fully aware! Before, I was not. I would wake up and only be partly conscience of what I ws going to do or did! Now it's like this routine of locking the cabinets and the fridge have sealed my mind into acceptance.  We found a better way to deal with the key situation. My husband has a nightstand on his side of the bed. He goes to bed a few hours before me and takes keys with him and puts them in his nightstand. In order for ME to get to them, I would need to reach over him, there's no way to walk around and reaching over him is sure to wake him up. I tested him :)

Well, I am off to the gym for an hour! It's only day 3 for me since my last weigh in but for some reason I am anticipating a nice loss by Monday :) 

I leave you with this motivational Quote:



"Unless you puke, faint or die, keep going!" - Jillian Michaels

No comments:

Post a Comment