Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Very Frustrated

Yesterday was my 20th weigh in with Jenny Craig. For the most part I have been happy with the 25 pounds I have lost so far. (average of a little over a pound a week). And I know that I have heard the slow losers tend to keep the weight off when they lose it, let's hope that's true!  This past week I didn't lose anything. In fact the scale didn't even budge. The frustrating part is that I really worked my tail off. I did a total of 6 hours at the gym and did not go off plan at all despite my very strong PRE TOM chocolate cravings, to which I did not cave!  A while ago I had made a couple of plan b lists to help get over these stalled weeks.  The first to go will be the Pasta and potatoes. I will cut out any and all Jenny food which contains Pasta and/or Potatoes for this next week. That is my plan for THIS week. If I still do not show a loss next week the next to go will be all my sugary jenny snacks. I will replace those with fresh cut veggies and fruit. So with those two backup plan's I have got to show a loss!! RIGHT?? 

One think I am really proud of no matter what, is that I have progressed at the gym. I use to be completely exhausted at even thinking of 30 minutes on that treadmill. I would tire myself out in the first 5 to 10 minutes and really struggle the entire 30 minutes. NOW that I have discovered interval training, an hour is actually easy for me and I've even managed to do 90 minutes on a couple of days!  Now I'm still not running, just doing the power-walking, but I am burning about 300-400 calories PER workout so I think that is awesome. I don't expect to get up past the 4.0 speed as I am just not a runner and I have bad shin splints.  

I have one more goal for this week and I pay the weather cooperates!  With the prices of gas and the need to get out in the nice weather this coming summer, I plan to start leaving my car home one day per week.  I live in a small town which provides the basics;  Post Office, Bank, Grocery Store, convenience store and my gym is about 1 mile away. One day per week (I will pick the first nice day of each week) I will NOT get in my car at all and I will walk to do my errands to the bank and the post office and the gym! That should give me approximately 2 extra miles of walking per week! Not only that I will be saving gas which is pretty good right now due to the rising gas prices!   

One more thing I am going to do. I am going to start sitting down each night and looking even MORE closely to what I am eating every day at the end of each day.  I imput my foods into Body Media which I sync my armband to which measures my caloric intake/burn and deficit.  In order to lose 2 lbs per week, my goal is 1000 calorie deficit per day, which is tough.. most weeks I average about 800-900 which comes to over 1 pound per week.  I can also run reports daily or weekly to see what my calorie intake looks like all broken down by nutrients; fat, calories, protein, carbs, etc.  So here is a snap shot of LAST week's intake.


In looking back over past week's, my fat intake was actually much lower and between 8-11% which can tell me something significant. Also the Sodium content is a bit higher than normal and probably not a good time right before TOM!  So right there I can see two things I can do to improve for this week. Lower my fat intake and sodium intake.

Look how HAPPY she looks, to me that is a winner!
So who do you think will win tonight on the finale of The Biggest Loser?  My money is on Irene but somehow I am thinking no one is going to be disappointed as they all look amazing and I believe Hannah and Olivia both met their goal weight while on the ranch so that's already a win in their minds!    I will "Weigh In" with my thoughts tomorrow on the finale episode. I've been looking forward to this all week!

No comments:

Post a Comment