Tuesday, May 31, 2011

6 Words you don't want to hear when you are trying to lose weight...

You know the 6 words I'm talking about... "Oh, you can have just one!"  Yes, that's what I have heard a few times this past holiday weekend.  Well what is the correct response to that? In the past I would actually believe that "Just one wouldn't hurt''. But it wasn't until just a few months ago that I realized, my problem was that I couldn't have JUST one. This is what made Weight Watchers a complete failure to me. I would purchase their snacks (which in their credit are DELICIOUS) and the box would say 1 point.. YIPEEE!!! I can have 4 of em, because I have 4 points left for the day. And I actually bought into that! Weight Watchers gave me permission (via points) to over indulge!
I am sure there are many people who can have just one without blowing their plan to hell.. I'm just not one of them and that is one of the things I have to work on. I am starting to wonder if I will ever be able to have "just one" ............  PORTION CONTROL.  That's my task and what I have to learn for long term health!  

I think one of the reasons I never realized what addiction to food was all about for me was because I was always a good weight all my life. I just happened to move to an area where there was hardly anything to do, I didn't know anyone and I didn't get out much at all. Those factors along with my age worked against me to bring me to this place I had never been before and forced me to take a look at the eating habits I didn't just develop with the weight I gained, but the eating habits I have had all my life and just got LUCKY they didn't hurt me early on!  So even when I only weighed 110 lbs, I was not taking care of myself, my metabolism was protecting my weight, but psychologically I was learning bad habits!  I also developed NES at a young age, but it really was never a "problem" until the last few years along with the weight.. (so I thought). 

I might be just 13 lbs away from my goal, but I have a lot of work to do in order to correct all of these habit's I have formed over the last 40+ years. It's going to be a long journey but I am committed to learning LONG term health and fitness for myself and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment