Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Happy Wednesday!

Out of site out of mind?   No, not really. I have not had a chance to blog in a while but not because I have fallen off the wagon!  Last week's weight loss was just a half a pound and this week was 1 pound. But I'm not discouraged at all because I have lost INCHES. I usually give my measurements to my JCC once per month and she tells me the inches lost and I cannot believe how much smaller my waist is getting. In fact, It really is good to shave my legs in the shower without having to hold on, it's also great to see my freshly painted toe nails just from looking down! It's been such a long time!


I have been making the gym faithfully for an hour each time for 3 days and one day off. I am rotating weeks and changing up each workout. 


I am also happy to report the NES seems to be some-what under control. I have been saving my one late night snack and keeping it on the kitchen counter with a mind set that if I wake up to eat, that is what I will grab. It seems to be working. There were even 2 whole nights last week where I didn't get out of bed. I am allowing myself to wake up enough to make a decision on whether or not I am actually hungry or not.  I'm still locking up my cabinets and my refrigerator, my goal is to be able to not have to do that for this summer. I have another sleep trial coming up next month and I am hoping that will make yet another difference. I have also been reading 1 hour before bed and I make it something good. I am reading about 3 books and all seem to be helping to keep me motivated towards my goal. Yesterday was the first time I actually stopped and thought... OMG.. I only have 11 lbs to my goal.  My Jenny Goal is 120, however after talking with my doctor the actual health zone I decided to shoot for was 110-115. I have made an affirmation to have a 5 pound cushion. So at the end of this rainbow I will have lost a total of 50 pounds!  Which brings me to the next topic..  My plan is to condition my mind to keep the weight off. I am already beginning to think of how I will maintain and keep that weight off because i don't plan to ever let my eating get control again! So here is a part of my plan...


Last night on the Biggest Loser one of their challenges was to hit goals carrying the equal amount of weight they weighed throughout the various weeks of being on the BL Ranch. So, again at the end of my journey I will have lost 50 pounds. When I reach my goal I plan to do a similar exercise once a month to keep me IN CHECK. I have not worked out the details yet but I will! I think it's always a good idea whenever you make a lifestyle change like that to always stay reminded of what it was like before you made the change.  
That seemed to be the theme last night on the show as they prepare for the finale episode next Tuesday Night. Another thing they did last night was to each sit down and listen to a DVD message they had recorded for themselves back when they started their weight loss journey. What a great idea!! I wish I had the vision to have done this 4 months ago, but I'm actually going to do this now so that I have something to look back on and remind me of how far I have come and why I don't want to go back.
I know you are all wondering if I voted for Ken or Irene for the one to come back to join Hannah and Olivia... well you will have to wait because I have not made up my mind yet. Voting can be done at www.nbc.com   


I LOVE Wednesday's as much as I love Tuesday Nights. Time to get moving and begin my day at the gym and I might even work in 2 workout's for the day! 


Never give up and never forget where you started and how you felt in that moment when you began to change your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment