Tuesday, April 12, 2011

JUST DO IT

Yesterday was my birthday. For the last few months I've been telling myself and others I was turning 43, not so bad right? Problem was I really believed it and it wasn't until the night before when I happened to do the math in my head that it hit me.. wow, I lost a year!  Well that put me in a dandy mood!  So for my birthday I was still good with my diet. I did have some birthday cake but it was ZERO fat and low cal <g>  Angel food cake, which by luck happens to be my favorite. Topped with a lite calorie cool whip and fresh strawberries and I was in heaven w/out going over my 1200 calories for the day.  I was pretty proud of myself.

So here's a bombshell that I should throw out there since this is about accountability. I have a condition called NES (Nocturnal Eating Syndrome).  I've had it almost all my life but it never had a name until recently, nor was it even a problem until the last few years.  Years ago it was just funny to wake up and see that I had eaten a whole package of Oreo's or an entire jar of peanut butter, but who cared? I weighed 100 -110 lbs and was in the same jeans I wore in High school.. that was 5 years ago.  So somewhere the damn condition was right in my face and I had to get a name for it.  Over last couple of years I have seen doctors, done sleep clinics and studies and have tried every sleeping pill known to man. Ask me about my experience with Ambien! Needless to say the problem not only exists but it is really interfering with my ability to lose weight.  I know that much of this is stress, anxiety and the every-day pressures of trying to lose weight. I know this because it's only gotten worse over the last 14 weeks since I started Jenny Craig. So now that I know that I'm going to use that conclusion to SQUASH this or at the very least, get it under control!

Here are the things I have accomplished today. I took some drastic steps but understand that drastic times, call for drastic measures!

1. I went through all of my clothes in my closets and my dresser and just started tossing out clothes. I put aside 2 pairs of sweat pants and a few t-shirts and a sweatshirt and ONE pair of pajamas. I threw them in contractor bags and donated them! GONE, done, no turning back and I'll need to do laundry every single day.

2. My next move was to create a top 10 list of reasons why I wanted to lose weight. I decided this was going to be an HONEST list.. that means if I wanted to be vain, I could be!    (my list below)

3. The next step was to clean out all of my cabinets of any and all food to which I should not eat! 

Although these tasks seem very drastic and I was a little apprehensive about them, I feel pretty empowered and most of all rejuvenated and recommitted!

My reasons for wanting to lose weight (HONEST and IN order)
1. I WANT TO LOOK GOOD
2. I WANT TO FEEL BETTER ABOUT MYSELF
3. I WANT TO GET INTO A BATHING SUIT THIS SUMMER
4. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO STEAL MY TEENAGE DAUGHTER'S CLOTHES AND FOR HER TO STEAL MINE!
5. I WANT TO TURN MY HUSBAND'S HEAD AGAIN :)
6. I WANT TO FEEL YOUNG AND HEALTHY
7. I WANT TO LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO BREAK DANCE AND MOON WALK AT MY GIRLS WEDDINGS TO EMBARRASS THEM!

In closing for the day, I'm going to leave you with this .................."WINNING!"  Yes, I know it's getting old, but remember so am I :)

No comments:

Post a Comment